Currently, leading companies use it in many areas, including the production of end-product-oriented parts. The main benefits of 3D printing in the electronic field can be expressed as obtaining high quality, high added value, faster designed and produced products.
However, solutions to the current problems of the sector are needed and therefore there is a need for improvement. The main problems are the high cost and the lack of qualified specialists. However, it is also known that companies have concerns about the quality of the products to be produced with 3BB technology. The efforts of the companies are in the direction of eliminating these deficiencies and moving them to a better situation because the efficiency obtained even under current conditions proves that there will be big gains for the future thanks to 3BB.
Studies in the energy sector are not advanced yet. Companies generally use it for prototyping purposes. The usage areas are generally as follows, increasing the efficiency by producing the used vehicles in different ways and reducing the cost of spare parts and bringing a new perspective.
According to Ernst Young Corporate Finance Consultancy’s 2016 Global 3BB Survey, the energy sector is the area that uses 3BB the least compared to other sectors. The main reason for this is the need for competent and trained experts.
Pioneering applications of additive manufacturing are for the Aerospace industry. Application areas include end product manufacturing, mold manufacturing, prototype manufacturing and traditional product manufacturing. Areas where the produced parts are concentrated,
- Aircraft parts,
- Aircraft body parts,
- Interior and cabin systems.
- When we look at the reason why the aviation and space industry is the pioneer of additive manufacturing, it can be said that companies with high experience are concentrated in this field. Examples include the work of companies such as GE Aviation, Boeing, Airbus, Lockheed Martin, Honeywell, and Rolls-Royce.
Especially when the defense sector and aviation are considered in this field, the following motivations emerge;
- Production of quality products,
- Efficient product production,
- Reduction in inventory cost,
- Increasing operational capability
- Shortening of new product production time (simplification of prototyping),
- Such areas show that it aims to expand the scope of additive manufacturing.
Companies use this technology to test drugs on tissues produced with 3BB, as well as in molding and end product manufacturing. The maturity of the sector is open to development. And the rapid and high-efficiency production of customized products in the needed pharmaceutical industry will be a pioneer in increasing productivity.
3D printing technology in this sector is generally focused on prototyping and final part production. Its applicability in the sector is ahead of most sectors. The main areas of use
- Increasing production speed and efficiency,
- It is the improvement of supply chain activities.
- With the development of additive manufacturing, we can say that there have been great changes in the medical sector. Especially hearing aids, dental equipment and prostheses, organ production and prostheses are made with additive production instead of traditional methods. Usage areas,
- Custom production,
- End product,
- Prototype production,
- Final product variety,
- Can be sorted.
Automotive industry is another area where additive manufacturing is widely used. 3BB activities from this area are expanding and developing rapidly. The main areas of use
- Tool and mold production
- Functional prototyping
- Production of small and complex parts
- Can be expressed as The skills to be acquired are to increase the quality and added value of the products and to improve the design and production process of the products.